Friday, April 10, 2009

Ponybox.com Review

So, I'm doing this review of Ponybox to apply for one of 2 Sony Cyber-Shot Digital Cameras that are being given away. Here's my review. I think Ponybox.com is an awesome sim game, but aren't they all? Ponybox.com has a great forum that is kid and family friendly like most horse sims. One thing that is especially interesting about Ponybox.com is the different themed servers. I found it especially easy to join and become a part of the community from the first post I made, there wasn't any struggle to become popular, or and extra effort to be recognised. At first I though I would hate how the game progresses in real life time, instead of game play time, and while it still can be annoying when you leave on trips or are grounded from the computer, it's really not that bad. I'm not just saying it's not that bad, I really mean it, it allows me to play for as long or as short of a time as I want to each day, and the set up of the game is really convenient for people who only have a minute to hop on each day to preform their daily jobs. If you can't get online to care for your horses you don't need to worry about them dying from lack of food or care, or worry about them being taken away from you either. They may be in poor condition when you check on them, but they will not have disappeared. The one thing that is the most outstanding thing about Ponybox.com is the active staff. Really, if you have played any other sim games you know that after a few months of them being brand new the creator goes off and makes a new sim and leaves the old one for the rats. Ponybox is the complete opposite. Jeff Ness, the CEO and founder of Ponybox LLC has his own blog ( http://myhoof.com/ ) where he keeps players up to date on new contests (like this one), merchandise, and game updates. You wouldn't go a day without hearing of some crazy new idea he has for Ponybox.com.
Still Ponybox has a few flaws, like waiting 20 days to have your 'stud account' upgraded to access all the features. Sure you can pay the extra money for instant gratification, but if you don't even know if your going to like the game why would you pay up? Seriously this review is getting ridiculously long, waiting 20 days might seem like forever, but in reality its over quick, and gets you introduced to the game so your not completely confused when you first start. Other than these things Ponybox is a horse sim game, own, feed, breed, show, all the stuff any horse sim should have. Plus on top of that is has features for every type of member. If your an artist like myself there is a sister site to upload your work, if your a writer you can join the Creative Writing group, or if you just want to show off your horse then you can put up pictures on the About Me part of your profile. At first I though I was going to write a negative review, because that's what I'm best at... I think, but right now I can't think of anything seriously bad about Ponybox.com. As I'm comparing it to other sims I play or once played its the best, bottom line.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging and what better way to get into it than by winning a competition with your blog - CONGRATS :-)

    I'm an avid player (and loser of the competition! - lol). I totally agree about your comment regarding the active staff. I haven't played any other sim games, so I am not sure what they are like. But with Ponybox, the fact that things are always changing and there are so many ways of getting involved, is probably something that I really love about it.

    Hope to catch you in the Ponybox world.

    -Balla-

    ReplyDelete