Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Chicken

In my science class we have been hatching chicken eggs. The first batch of 30 eggs didn't go so well, 1/2 never developed, and 3 hatched. So my teacher ordered another batch, and they were going to hatch on Monday, but didn't, I was angry at them. On Monday one poked a hole in it's shell, but after that it didn't try to break out for 2 days, I was convinced it was dead. Today I checked on it and it's shell was cracked open a lot, I was really excited, because I had been watching these damn things for 3 weeks and finally I got to see one hatching. At the end of the class a few people and myself just watched the little chick work his way out, and eventually he made it out. I really didn't want to go to my next class, but I had to, during that time I came up with the name Alfonzo, I thought it was fitting, I bet he will grow up to be a she. Anyway, went back to check on Alfonzo later to find him cuddled up against the other eggs that didn't hatch. Whenever you peep at him he peeps back, so I just stayed there for 30 minutes having a nice conversation. I'm not sure what I said, but I think he was saying something along the lines of "What the hell is this Styrofoam container I am in, where the fuck is my mom, and where are my brothers and sister?"

No comments:

Post a Comment