Thursday, April 23, 2009

Grasshopper Rescuer

Today in my English class we were talking about animals and what makes them cute. The class agreed that insects and fish aren't cute, but I think that fishes (I don't care if there's no such thing as fishes...) are cute. People said bugs are gross and I said well you all like ladybugs don't you... I think weevils are especially cute too. Then it just so happened that when the bell rang and everyone had left I walked out and spotted a grasshopper close to the ground. I was worried he was going to get stomped, he was old and grey. I tried to scoop him with my hands but that wasn't working then someone passed and told me he was poisonous (ha ha) I finally got him scooped up and relocated to a grass/tree area so at least he wasn't in a high traffic area. He was cute too. My teacher said something about squishing defenseless bugs and I made a comment about babies being like bugs, I guess no one got it. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment